To start instantly chatting with Kik users from around the world, follow these instructions:
- Open the Kik app.
- Tap the blue + icon.
- Tap Meet New People.
- Tap Join (To find users with similar interests, tap Filters, select up to 5 interests, then tap Apply).
- Tap Start Chat to be matched at random.
- Once you are matched, the 15-minute timer begins immediately.
- To continue the conversation, tap the Add Friend button before the timer expires.
- To end a chat before the 15 minute mark, tap the three dots on the top right-hand corner and hit End Chat.
- If at any point the user you’re chatting with breaks our Community Standards or you feel unsafe, tap the three dots on the top right-hand corner and hit Report User to report them.
- You can rate the conversation based on your experience.
- Once the timer has expired, there is no way to reconnect with the other person.
Keep in mind that all Kik users must abide by our Community Standards. If you are reported, you’ll receive a temporary ban, preventing you from using the feature. This ban can’t be disputed.
Please note that Kik’s Meet New People feature is only currently available on Android devices.