Joining a group chat on Kik is easy :)
With the most recent version of Kik you can join a group chat by scanning a group Kik Code, tapping a group link, by being added to the group by another group member, or if it's a Public Group, you can search for it!
Scanning the group Kik Code
- Pull down from the top of your main chats list to open the scanner screen.
- Point your device's camera at the Kik Code.
To search and join a Public Group
- From your main chat list tap the + icon
- Tap the Public Groups Icon
- Search for a topic in the search bar or explore under the Popular Searches banner.
- Tap on a Public Group in the list to check out more information about who's in it
- To join it, tap Join Public Group
- Start Chatting
With the most recent version of Kik we brought back Public Groups! This means people can join a Public Group if they search your #hashtag and tap Join. If you see people joining your group without scanning the Kik Code, without being invited, or without tapping the Group Link, your group is a Public Group. You can tell the difference between a Public and a Private Group by going to the Group Info screen. If you see a #hashtag name in a smaller and lighter font under the Group Name, then it's a Public Group :) If you want to learn how to make a new Private Group, click here!