Creating an account on Kik is easy!
After you've downloaded the app, open it on your device and complete the following steps:
1. Select Sign Up
2. Choose your First Name and Last Name.
- This will be your display name and can be changed at any time
3. Create your username.
- If your username is available, you'll see a green checkmark next to it. If you see a red "X" it means this username has been taken. Try adding numbers to the end or creating a variation of this username.
- We don't have an inactive username policy so if someone else has the username you'd like, you'll have to use a variation of it. If someone is using your registered trademark or copyright, contact us here.
4. Enter a valid email.
- This is the email we'll use to contact you with. If this email isn't valid or accessible, there's no way for you to reset your password or deactivate your account. If your email hasn't been used already, you'll see a green checkmark next to it.
- If you see the message "Email already taken" and you've never signed up for Kik before you can remove it here and free your email up for your own use.
5. Create a strong password.
- Learn how to create a strong password here.
6. Enter your birthday
7. Enter your phone number to find your phone contacts
8. Tap Sign Up
After you sign up you should get a confirmation email from us If you don't see the email in your inbox, be sure to check your junk mail folder in case it got filtered there.
If the initial confirmation email we sent you after signing up for your Kik account has expired, you can resend the email right from the app:
1. Tap Settings
2. Select Your Account
3. Select Email
4. Tap Not Confirmed/Email is Unconfirmed