Every Kik user has a unique username, which is their identity on Kik. If you're contacting our Support team about your teen's account, it will be really helpful for us if you include their username.
You can find your teen’s username right from their device. Here’s how:
- Open the Kik app on your teen's device. The app will open to the main chats list.
- Tap the cog icon at the top of the screen. This will open your teen’s Settings screen.
- Your teen’s username will appear in smaller, grey font right under the display name. The display name will be in bold.
- Usernames won’t ever have spaces in them.
- Usernames can be a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and some special characters (periods and underscores).
- If your teen has reset their Kik account, you can open the Kik app and tap 'Log In'. Their username may be on the login screen.
- As a security and privacy feature, logging into your teen's Kik account on a new device will automatically clear their chat history. We don't see or store chats between users, so we won't be able to provide a copy of your teen's chat history if it's deleted. Because of this, we recommend looking at your teen's Kik account on their device if possible.